We are an American run ed-tech company with operations in Shanghai, Beijing, and the US. We are currently looking for a highly qualified test prep teacher to join our growing team in Beijing (Shunyi).
The SAT Teacher will be responsible for ensuring student achievement at the highest levels. Responsibilities include one on one and seminar class instruction for Writing, Critical Reading and evaluating student progress.
Benefits include company transportation to/from the China Exhibition Center and the Shunyi office, comprehensive training, and competitive pay based on experience and accrued teaching hours.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Teach classes of at least 10 students / class
• Provide tutoring for assigned individuals
• Approx. 20~25 teaching hours / week (not including prep time)
• Lesson planning, keeping track of students’ progress in class via progress reports and uploading student grades to the LMS
• Providing guidance for students during work time
• Help to develop additional strategies for improving students’ performance
• Student progress conference evaluation and assessment
• Performing other duties as needed
• At least a B.A./B.S. from a top university
• Previous teaching experience (> 2 years preferably)
• Native-level English reading, writing, and speaking ability
• 700/800 on SAT I Writing, Critical Reading
• A self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, fluid start-up environment
• A proven team-player who can work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
• Evidence of leadership potential and a stated interest in growing as a professional
• Excellent communication skills
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
We are the largest provider of overseas educational counselling services in China, with a market share of 16% of the overseas educational counselling market. We are also the fifth largest provider of test preparation services in China, with a market share of 6%.
We provide services under the “EIC” brand, which is the most recognised and trusted brand in the overseas educational services market in China.
Our core corporate purpose is to be the most trusted partner for international education. We believe that selecting, being admitted to and preparing for student life at the right overseas educational institution is a critical journey for Chinese students wishing to study abroad. Our aim is to help students and parents make fully informed decisions, facilitated through the full range of services we provide. These services include advice, coaching, mentoring, test preparation and assistance with school application and visa processes. To achieve our core purpose, we aim to develop programmes for our students that offer the full range of educational services for every stage of a student’s overseas education needs.
We offer a wide range of educational services in China as well as in destination markets for our students, most of whom are from the PRC. Although the direct recipient of our services are students, we also view the students’ parents as our clients as they are typically highly involved in terms of appointing us and paying for our services. Moreover, parents often closely oversee all of the decisions that the student makes with respect to choice of educational institution, degree program and courses, as well as timing of the application and preparation. Our private educational services consist primarily of educational counselling, which includes advice and support on studying abroad, test preparation for admissions exams and assessments in the US, the UK, Australia and Canada, as well as study tour programmes to assist our students (and their parents) in making more informed decisions about studying abroad.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: 899 Lingling Road