1. Carry out the timetable of classes assigned by the DOS
2. Give lessons to the highest standards of English language teaching
3. Become familiar with the programs and courses of study at the centre and as directed by EF English First guidelines
4. Develop and use suitable supplementary materials as necessary
5. Use audio / video materials in classes
6. Expose students to the use of CALL, and the Internet for language learning purposes
7. Begin and end classes on time
8. Prepare lessons and equipment in advance for all classes(approximately 1 ACH to every 3 ACH class)
9. Administer, correct and record the results of progress reports, tests and assessments for students
10. Substitute for absent colleagues, perhaps at short notice, on or off-site
11. Be responsible for students’ welfare and progress
12. Inform students of centre aims and objectives
13. Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the center
14. Meet regularly with the DOS and/or center colleagues to communicate all relevant information
15. Assist the DOS upon request with the development and marketing of courses and induction of sales, service and teaching staff into the practices of the center
16. Maintain student and class records
17. Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
18. Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, Life Clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
19. Take on administrative work and/or projects including, but not limited to, cataloguing supplementary materials, giving workshops and organizing extra-curricular events, as directed by the DOS
20. Keep the teachers’ room, equipment and resources well-organized and in good condition
21. Be familiar with the administrative procedures employed in the centre and as directed by EF English First head office
22. Attend and participate in workshops in teacher development offered by the centre
23. Observe and be observed by the DOS and teaching colleagues
24. Be pro-active in improving teaching skills through sharing knowledge with colleagues, and using teaching resources found in the centre, EF Intranet, Internet and any other available sources
Native English speaker
BA degree or above
Recognised 120-Hour or above TEFL/CELTA certificate is preferred
2 years teaching experience in an educational environment: with kids is preferred
Excellent communication and presentation skills,Love kids and enjoy teaching.
Monthly gross pay is from 14000 to 20000 RMB(net pay is from 13000 to 18000 RMB.),includes the following:
* Basic salary is from 9000 to 14000 RMB (net.)
* Quarterly Bonus
* Additional Flight Allowance
* Additional health insurance
* Additional student enrolment and retention bonuses.
* Additional contract completion bonus and royalty bonus.
* Training Allowance
* Additional paid visas and residence permits – fully compliant with local laws. (This is so important.)
* Paid holidays – 10 days + all national holidays: (Total = 21+, depending on length of service.)
* We work 5-days seasonal weeks, and we don't work evenings at weekends: Enjoy your social life!
* Support from senior management for academic excellence with excellent classroom materials, and teacher-led procurement.
* Cambridge TKT Young Learners certificate and further TKT exams on request. Continuous training and development.
*Find your own accommodation with 2500RMB/Per month house allowance- with the full support of local staff.
Or clean, modern, shared EF accommodation provided. (Max 2 Teachers to an apartment, with own bedrooms: safety inspection, smoke and gas alarms etc.) (Untrained teachers new to China will be given this option in their first year, whilst they find their feet.)
Suzhou EF Education
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
EF Education First is the world's largest private educational company that specializes in English language training, educational tours and cultural exchange.
Now EF Suzhou has three schools which are located in SIP West, SIP East and SND and the fourth school in Wujiang District will open in 2017.We are currently accepting applications for kids' teachers as we expand our fourth school in Wujiang District, and open more thereafter: teachers who are committed to their individual student's development, and working with their parents to improve their learning experience.
EF Suzhou's Core values include a passion for teaching, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to learn. We have developed a collaborative foreign-management style and have worked hard to ensure the cross-cultural teams work well together in a happy and supportive environment. Peer observations and workshops are encouraged across departments with the objective to help us all be the best that we can.
Teachers looking to work for academic excellence are most welcome and will enjoy the experience. There are real career opportunities for those wishing to stay and grow with the company into management positions, and drive it to be the best private language school in Suzhou, with possible bursaries for qualifications such as the Cambridge CELTA.
Our schools are modern, well equipped and progressive with IWBs in each room and school-wide WiFi. Classes are based on EFs own syllabus and text books, and lesson plans and materials are provided.
We teach small classes of students, mainly children as young as 3 years old to teenagers. This breadth and variety of students gives our teachers great opportunity to develop into well rounded, experienced professionals.
In addition, we offer a continuous teacher development programme of training, observations and workshops. We greatly value our more experienced members of staff and encourage them to become involved in this.
- Current Location: Suzhou China
- Address: Room 203,205, Vanke Midtown,No.229 West Zhongxin Road, SIP