Campus: Nanjing Foreign Language School
Positions: Chemistry (1)
Start Date: Immediate hire, early-mid March start
Please see below regarding the UNSW Chemistry course description and content.
The University of New South Wales Program UF High School Program is the #1 offshore Australian program in China. The program is the also #1 source of undergraduate students from China for the Australian G8 with over 320 gaining admission to Melbourne, Monash, UNSW and Sydney in 2017.
The program is the only one in China that has integrated an overseas university's postgraduate foundation program into the normal high school curriculum due to the normal high achievement and academic background of the partner schools and their students. All students must meet regular language and academic benchmarks of the accelerated 28 month high school program to maintain their enrollment.
Prior to the final year of studies, students choose one of three study streams to the enter: Commerce, Physical Science and Design. The Design Stream is the only program in the country offered to Chinese high school students interested in pursuing university studies in Architecture, Urban Planning, and similar disciplines.
• Bachelor's degree in relevant teaching field (other fields may be considered with demonstrated work experience); Master's degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience (visa regulation).
• Ability to work cooperatively and diplomatically with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administration in a foreign cultural environment.
• Commitment to student learning and to continued professional development.
• Ability to engage students in learning.
•Deliver curriculum according to syllabus and timetable through lecture, assessments, practicals, labs and homework.
•Projected 21 class periods/week including lab (45min periods)
• Assign and promptly mark class work, homework, tests and assignments.
•Be available and provide appropriate feedback to students regarding progress and encourage and monitor the progress of individual students.
•Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
•Prepare and promptly deliver required student reports to the program management, host school, and the University of New South Wales.
• Communicate with parents, co-workers, and the campus manager about the progress of individual students when necessary.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience, education, position, and placement
• Furnished teachers apartment or housing allowance (~3000-3500RMB).
• Annual travel allowance (8500RMB)
• ~10 weeks fully paid vacation/year
• Paid sick days and personal days
• Domestic health insurance
• Tax services
• Airport pickup and personal orientation
• Sponsor work (Z) visa, Foreign Expert Certificate & Residence Permit
• All curriculum and teaching material provided (as developed by UNSW)
• Access to in-country staff and department heads in Sydney for academic support, professional development.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to sharing more about the position and program with you.
CHEMISTRY COURSE DESCRIPTION
The Chemistry course aims to provide a range of knowledge and skills required for further study in Science and Engineering. From basic principles, this subject develops a deeper knowledge of modern chemistry ideas and applications. On successful completion of the course a student will:
-have a knowledge of the language and basic ideas of chemical science
-have an understanding of the properties of materials and the changes they undergo
-be able to explain the chemical reactions, properties and structures observed or studied using established laws, theories and concepts
-be able to perform a range of simple chemical calculations
-be able to perform a range of simple manipulative and measurement skills associated with a chemical laboratory.
Topics: Fundamental concepts; names of common elements, symbols, formulas and equations; mole concept and mole calculations; periodic table - patterns and trends; atomic structure and chemical bonding, VSEPR theory; states of matter - properties and structure; solutions; gas laws; fuels, calorimetry, enthalpy and thermochemistry. Electrolytes and solubility/precipitation; net ionic equations; reactions of acids and bases; chemical equilibria (Ka and Ksp); oxidation-reduction reactions; electrochemical cells. Organic compounds, nomenclature and typical functional group reactions. Compulsory lab work.
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
In partnership with an award winning American private school, AHEAD oversees three year American high school diploma programs for high achieving students centered around the curriculum of the American NAIS partner school. AHEAD is the also the largest source of students in China for Australia’s G-8 Universities through its University of New South Wales (UNSW) High School Program, the #1 Australian offshore program in China.
The AHEAD Education Group's academic center partners are nationally ranked top high schools across China. AHEAD's overarching raison d'etre is to establish and coordinate international educational solutions for the brightest and most capable Chinese students seeking admittance to top universities in the United States, Canada, Australia and beyond.
- Current Location: Nanjing China
- Address: Nanjing, Hangzhou, Xi'an, Suzhou, Wuxi, Kunshan, Xuzhou, Zhengzhou, Nantong