You will spend the majority of your time in our Shenzhen office and in nearby factories. Your time will be focused on foreign client communication, new product development projects, and troubleshooting issues for routine orders. Good management skills are needed as you will be required to coordinate with a team of technical specialists, product development personnel, and designers on various projects. You will have opportunities with supporting global initiatives and will be working cross functionally across the organization to meet objectives.
• Coordinate with R&D team in developing new products.
• Frequent phone communication and meetings with foreign clients to inform them of progress and manage their expectations.
• Check on mass production orders and manage quality to stay within specifications.
• Ideate on new product ideas and analyze them for feasibility.
• Keep up-to-date with various manufacturing technologies
• Frequent regional travel.
• Native English speaker (USA and Canada preferred) holding a bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, draw conclusions, and design solutions (blend of analytical and creative thinking).
• Mechanically minded and capable of grasping and explaining manufacturing issues efficiently.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively across departments.
• Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
• Basic IT skills and understanding of managing back end of a website.
• Willing to work overtime and weekends on occasion when needed.
• Conversational Mandarin required.
• 1-2 years of China work experience and current Shenzhen residence preferred.
Language: Mandarin Chinese, English