A. Knowledge and understanding:
• Have a detailed knowledge of the subject of Business of the National Curriculum, IGCSE, A-level
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the progression of Business.
• Cope securely with subject-related questions that students raise and know about students’ common misconceptions and mistakes in their specialist subject(s).
• All secondary school curriculum and assessment guidelines.
B. Planning and setting expectations:
• Identify clear teaching objectives, content, lesson structures and sequences appropriate to the subject matter and the students being taught. Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students’ learning and motivation. Set clear targets for students' learning, building on prior attainment and experiences.
• Identify students who have special educational needs and are gifted and talented, and know where to get assistance in order to give positive and targeted support. Where applicable, implement and keep records on Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
C. Teaching and managing student learning:
• Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met, momentum and challenge are maintained, and best use is made of teaching time.
• Use teaching methods that keep students engaged, including stimulating students’ intellectual curiosity, effective questioning and response, clear presentation and good use of resources.
• Set high expectations for students' behavior, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well-focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships.
D. Assessment and evaluation:
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use this assessment for future teaching.
• Mark and monitor students’ class and homework providing constructive oral and written feedback, setting targets for students’ progress.
• When applicable, understand the demands expected of students in relation to the National Curriculum, KS4 and KS5.
E. Relations with parents and wider community:
• Know how to prepare and present informative reports to parents.
• Recognize that learning takes place outside the school context and provide opportunities to develop students' understanding by relating their learning to real and work-related examples.
• Understand the need to cooperate with agencies outside school.
F. Managing own performance and development:
• Understand the need to take responsibility for their own professional development and to keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy and in the subjects they teach.
• Understand their professional responsibilities in relation to school policies, guidelines and practices.
• Set a good example to the students they teach in their presentation and their personal conduct.
• Evaluate their own teaching critically and use this to improve their effectiveness.
G. Managing and developing staff and other adults:
• Establish effective working relationships with professional colleagues, such as, co-teachers, specialist teachers and associate staff.
H. Managing resources:
• Select and make good use of books, equipment, ICT and other learning resources that enable teaching objectives to be met.
• Native English speaker
• Holder of Bachelor Degree and teaching certificate or license with excellent knowledge and understanding of Resistant Materials,
• Minimum 2 years of full-time teaching experience in a school setting, experience at the level of the IGCSE is a plus.
• Good graphical skills and literate in both the Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
• IGCSE qualifications as a moderator and/or IBO training in Business is a plus
• Support Yew Wah's values
• Have passion for teaching students
• Demonstrate rigorous approach in teaching different year levels
• Demonstrate commitment in teamwork
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities and Colleges
Yew Wah international education service is built upon the many decades of experience of Yew Chung Education Foundation in offering quality international education in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Yew Chung was founded by a pioneer of international education in China, Madam Tsang Chor-hang, in Hong Kong in 1932. In recent decades, Madam Tsang's daughter, Dr. Betty Chan Po-king, together with Professor Paul Yip Kwok-wah, have set up Yew Chung International Schools in Shanghai, Beijing, Chongqing and Qingdao for overseas and non-Chinese citizens. In 2002, the couple opened a formal Yew Chung International School in Silicon Valley, USA, the first attempt to export the Yew Chung model of international education which combines Eastern and Western cultures.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: Shanghai