We are an international team of engineers, hobbyists and coaches from various international backgrounds ranging from UK, Ukraine, Sweden, Canada, Spain currently making a breakthrough in the education industry in China. We are currently on our third very successful year. Unlike traditional training centers, we are a school and focus on developing children's creativity through exercising their motor skills by making with real tools and materials.
Under the direct supervision of the center manager & the professional development instructor, this position involves instruction of the WOWKIDS Curriculum and other related duties. This position requires collaboration and communication with other coaches & departments and as well as involvement with other company projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work in partnership with a bilingual specialist to plan and deliver craft rich student-centered learning experiences of the WOWKIDS subject curriculum
• Employ a variety of instructional techniques, performance assessments that guides the learning process towards curriculum goals
• Participate in professional development and training
• Routine material preparation/inspection and storage
• Routine classroom organization and maintenance
• Promptly follow first-aid protocol in case of student injury
• Effectively communicate with parents regarding students’ in-class performance, any behavior issues and topics alike
• Shares WOWKIDS events/activities through social media such as: WeChat
• Bachelor’s degree and/or above from an accredited college/university
• Effective communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Excellent command of spoken English
• Previous teaching experience in a classroom setting and/or desire to learn with “what works” in the classroom
• Competency with software use: Microsoft Office, Illustrator
• Genuine interest in making
• Understanding of student learning theory, brain-based learning and other types of instructional methods
• Experience & familiarity with tools such as: 3D printing, Autocad, vinyl cutting, Ardunio, Makey-Makey
• Proven ability to apply science/math content knowledge and technology integration
• Understand and support WOWKIDS mission and philosophy and to promote a positive image of the institution
• Contribute to a harmonious school atmosphere by working cooperatively with all colleagues
• Demonstrate responsibility and punctuality
• Show willingness to consider and implement suggestions for improvement
• Display flexibility in responding to new situations and expectations, positive attitude and a helpful, nonjudgmental demeanor
• Respect the confidentiality of private information relating to students, colleagues and the operations of the school
Wowkids Innovation Academy
- Company type:
- Recruiter Type: Employer
- Industry type: Education/Training/Universities & Colleges
Wowkids Creativity Hub is an award winning, foreign and Chinese owned, state of the art facility teaching elementary students how to make, create and invent. We teach students the hands on practical skills they need to think, create and make their dream projects whilst promoting a sustainable and useful approach to each idea.
Local and Foreign designers, technology enthusiasts, engineers and hobbyist makers have designed an award winning, hands on curriculum teaching beginner, intermediate and advanced making skills, tool training and creative thinking lessons.
This is a very exciting time in the global maker movement and our company is at the forefront of teaching these 21st Century skills to children not only China but in the world.
This is our third year of success and with continuing fantastic support from loyal and open minded families we are expanding again.
Our team is very much looking forward to add new team members that have experience teaching young children in the classroom and can continue delivering our curriculum to the highest of standards.
This is a great opportunity for those passionate teachers wishing to switch from their Monday to Friday, nine to five routines and broaden their teaching skills. You will be trained in a variety of 21st Century making and inventing skills whilst working alongside other like-minded team members and students.
- Current Location: Shanghai China
- Address: Ala City, 66 Xianfengjie Building No. 2 3rd Floor, Unit 302-3